Continuing Education - ACPE Universal Program Number 024-999-09-001-L04-P
At the completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Discuss methods of translating research to practice in the development of programs designed to eliminate health disparities;
- Demonstrate models of successful implementation of projects using multidisciplinary healthcare teams to address disparities in chronic diseases;
- Identify effective approaches to improve patient/provider communication using evidence-based communication tools and techniques;
- Examine the impact of a culturally and linguistically competent healthcare workforce in the delivery of services; and
- Discuss policy changes related to healthcare reimbursement at local and regional levels.
This conference will offer continuing education (CEUs for pharmacists, nurses, etc.) and continuing medical education (CME). Participants are required to complete evaluation forms at the conclusion of each session to obtain credits. Certificates/Statement of Continuing Pharmacy Education Credit will be distributed within 4 weeks following the program. All other participants will receive their Certificate of Participation onsite indicating contact hours claimed for the activity.
Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. Participation in this conference earns up to 1.1 CEUs (11 contact hours). Participants must complete an evaluation form at the conclusion of each session to receive credit. The Continuing Education Statement of Credit will be mailed within 4 weeks after the conference.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint sponsorship of the Association of Black Cardiologists, Inc. and the Xavier University of Louisiana College of Pharmacy. The Association of Black Cardiologists, Inc. (ABC) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. The ABC will offer contact hours to all non-physician and non-pharmacists at the completion of this activity.
CE/CEU Credits for non-Pharmacists
Proof of contact hours will be provided to participants requiring CE/CEUs in order to petition their accrediting body for credits.